Work For Us
At Upper Canada Consultants we are constantly trying to ensure we have the best team of skilled people available: including planners, engineers, designers, draftsman and construction administrators.
With our diverse team, we bring together a range of professional expertise complementing municipal infrastructure and private land development projects. Our core capabilities focus on design, problem solving and community planning and servicing.
While we have a list of specific opportunities at any given time, we would love to hear from you if you feel you have skills that would complement our team!
Upper Canada Consultants is a mid-sized civil/municipal engineering and urban planning company based in St. Catharines, specializing in both municipal infrastructure projects and private sector developments.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for multiple candidates to join our firm. As a successful Junior Stormwater Management Engineer you will work cooperatively as part of a team to successfully develop and implement stormwater management solutions. Both software modelling experience and practical design and field experience is beneficial. Upper Canada Consultants offers a generous benefit package with compensation commensurate with the candidates experience level.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who is well organized, has strong time management skills, and is able to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Assist in pre-engineering site design, and design of storm and sanitary sewers, stormwater management facilities and watermains.
- A meticulous attention to detail will allow you to produce detailed and technically accurate stormwater management computation models for both small and large sites using a variety of engineering techniques.
- The successful candidate will have a proficiency in drafting skills using AutoCAD Civil 3D to allow them to produce stormwater management figures for inclusion in reports.
- Excellent report writing skills will allow them to clearly and efficiently present the design concept to regulatory agencies.
- Must have a relevant engineering degree from an accredited Canadian University and be either registered or eligible to be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Access to your own vehicle and a Class ‘G’ Drivers Licence.
- Understanding of stormwater management models using a variety of computational software (MIDUSS, SWMM, OTTHYMO, HEC, etc.)
- Experience with reading Municipal/Development related Engineering Drawings.
- Excellent communications skills, be able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize efforts to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Excel including VBA and macros.
- Flexible attitude and ability to deal well with changes and ability to multi-task.
Emails must reference the job position in the title. Thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please.
Please email your resume and covering letter to: email@example.com
Upper Canada Consultants provides planning, engineering, and land development management consulting services to the development community within the Niagara Region, Haldimand County, and parts of the GTHA. We are seeking to add a Land Use Planner to our team that can manage and assist with a range of land use development projects primarily focused within the Niagara Area.
- Degree in Urban and Regional Planning or related field.
- Full member/or eligibility with the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) and Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI).
- More than 2 years of experience in either private or public sector planning.
- A demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects, and meet changing client timelines and expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Municipal Council and Committee of Adjustments presentations.
- Ability to work independently, and also effectively in a team environment.
- Type G Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Adobe Suite, Auto CAD, ARC GIS experience is beneficial but not required.
- Coordination and preparation of land use planning applications.
- Coordination of in-house civil engineering and external subconsultants.
- Research and Preparation of Planning Justification/Rationale Reports
- Securing Municipal Approvals for development
- Representation for land use applications before public bodies including Municipal Committees, Councils, Public Information Centres, LPAT, etc. (after hours required).
- Progress monitoring and assisting in the municipal approval process
This is a full time position, able to start immediately.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject must reference the job position. Thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No Phone Calls.